LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the most widely used green building rating system. Standards have been developed for virtually all types of buildings. LEED uses a point system to assess how well a building or proposed building meets the environmental objectives.
This App was created by modifying a standard Viewpoint 360 template. The base template includes Applets for App administration, online forms for collecting and editing data, and standard templates for team-based assessment, scoring and ranking.
- A LEED PDF document was loaded into Viewpoint 360. This document described a point scheme for different types of building construction and design.
- The LEED document is complicated because it has to describe different scoring schemes for eight building types in a single document. this makes the document difficult to follow.
- We kept the document in its same structure but identified the paragraphs that apply for each building type. We used Viewpoint 360 lists to group the paragraphs by building type and created hey scoring applet for each type of construction.
- We then implemented an automated scoring system that replicates the LEED point calculations for each type of building.
- These scoring systems were used to create applets, one for each building type.
This app implements an automated lead scoring calculation for eight different types of building project. These include:
- Core & Shell
- New Construction
- Warehouse & Distribution